EAST BAY BOOKSELLERS is excited to welcome back Poetry Flash for a special tribute reading to Chana Bloch by six members of her close knit Writing Group. This is a celebration of her posthumous book of poems, The Moon Is Almost Full.
Chana Bloch was a poet, translator, and teacher for many years at Mills College. She was much beloved in the Bay Area and beyond.
The readers from her Writing Group will be:
- Poet and translator Dan Bellm, whose most recent book of poems is Deep Well.
- Poet and translator Jeanne Foster’s most recent book of poems is Goodbye, Silver Sister. She is professor of English and Creative Writing at Saint Mary’s College in Moraga.
- Poet, memoirist, critic, and teacher Sandra Gilbert, among whose recent books of poems is Belongings.
- Former Canadian diplomat, poet, political thinker, and memoirist Peter Dale Scott, among whose books of poems is Coming to Jakarta: A Poem about Terror.
- Poet, teacher, editor, and founding member of Saint Mary’s College of California MFA program Phyllis Stowell, among whose books of poems is Sundered.
- Poet, critic, and teacher Alan Williamson’s most recent poetry collection is A Pattern More Complicated: New and Selected Poems.