In this unprecedented time, as more people turn to poetry, it is only with the support of individual contributors like you that the Academy of American Poets is able to produce free and far-reaching programs and publications that champion poets and encourage the reading and teaching of poetry, including:
- Poets.org, which for 20 years has made poetry accessible to many millions of readers;
- National Poetry Month, the largest literary celebration in the world;
- Poem-a-Day, the original and only daily publication showcasing new poems by today's poets;
- American Poets Prizes, which include one of our nation's first prizes celebrating a poet's body of work; and
- Teach This Poem and other award-winning resources for K–12 teachers, including lesson plans and classroom activities.
Founded in 1934, the Academy of American Poets is a 501(c)3 charitable organization. Your donation is tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.