Evening of Inspired Leaders—a fundraiser to benefit Mass Poetry—speaks powerfully and directly to our moment in time. At this free event, leaders on the front lines will share the poems that have inspired and sustained them through these challenging months and years. Inspired by Robert Pinsky’s Favorite Poem Project, each poem read is meaningful to the speaker and their segment will include a discussion of its influence on their life and work. We’ll come together for inspiration, for poetry that speaks to our hearts, to our spirits, and to this moment, in all its complexity.
Funds raised at Evening of Inspired Leaders will help Mass Poetry produce its dynamic roster of free and low-cost poetry programs for thousands of people, young and old, across Massachusetts.
2020 featured speakers include:
- Rosanne Cash | Singer/songwriter & author
- Sharon Castang | Student Speaker
- Meghna Chakrabarti | Host of WBUR’s On Point
- Anthony Febo | Poet & teaching artist
- Regie Gibson | Poet & Educator
- Vikiana Petit-Homme | Regional Organizer, March for Our Lives
- Darrell Jones | Strongest Link Community Activist
- Dr. Anne Klibanski | President and CEO of Mass General Brigham
- Margaret Low | CEO of WBUR
- Julia Mejia | Boston City Councilor
- Michelle Quirk | Nurse Practitioner
- Gladys Vega | former director at Chelsea Collaborative
- David Waters | CEO of Community Servings