Lenore Marshall Poetry Prize Guidelines
- Books must be submitted in the year after their publication, which means that books published in 2014 may not be submitted for consideration until 2015.
- The 2015 contest is open to any book of original poetry, in English, published in the United States during 2014 in a standard edition (48 pages or more) by a living American citizen.
- Self-published books are not eligible.
- Publishers may submit as many titles as they wish. The publisher should send four copies of each book to the Academy, postmarked between January 1 and May 15, 2015.
- A $75 entry fee and entry form are required for each title submitted. The winner will be announced in September.
- The Academy of American Poets will award the winning poet $25,000.
- The Academy of American Poets agrees to purchase for distribution to its members copies of the winning book. The Academy may purchase additional copies of the book for its own use, but not for resale. No royalties will be paid to the author on the copies purchased by the Academy. The publisher agrees to make available to the Academy the number of copies requested and to sell the books at a special discount based on a percentage markup of the PPB (printing, paper, and binding) costs.
Publishers may send four copies of each entry to:
The Lenore Marshall Poetry Prize
The Academy of American Poets
75 Maiden Lane, Suite 901
New York, NY 10038
Books will not be returned.
For more information, please contact:
(212) 274-0343, ext. 13