Lenore Marshall Poetry Prize Guidelines
• Books must be submitted in the year after their publication, which means that books published in 2014 may not be submitted for consideration until 2015.
• The 2015 contest is open to any book of original poetry, in English, published in the United States during 2014 in a standard edition (48 pages or more) by a living American poet. A poet shall be considered American if he or she is either a citizen of the U.S. or has resided in the U.S. for the ten year period before the submission deadline.
• Self-published books are not eligible.
• Translations and new editions of previously published books are not eligible.
• Publishers may submit as many titles as they wish. The publisher should send four copies of each book to the Academy, postmarked between January 1 and May 15, 2015.
• A $75 entry fee and entry form are required for each title submitted. The winner will be announced in September.
• The Academy of American Poets agrees to purchase approximately 200 copies of the winning book for distribution to its members. The Academy may purchase additional copies of the book for its own use, but not for resale. No royalties will be paid to the author on the copies purchased by the Academy. The publisher agrees to sell to the Academy the number of copies requested at a standard discount.
• The decisions of the Academy of American Poets as to eligibility are final. Books will not be returned.
Publishers please send all entry materials at once, in the same envelope to:
The Lenore Marshall Poetry Prize
The Academy of American Poets
75 Maiden Lane, Suite 901
New York, NY 10038
For more information, please contact:
(212) 274-0343, ext. 13